3) Studeren buiten de Europese Unie en buiten Europa: Japan

Een beschrijving van het onderwijssysteem in Japan kan je hier vinden (engelstalig):
Principles Guide Japan’s Educational System

Via de site van de Japanse ambassade kan je beurzen vinden om daar te studeren:
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students (BA.) Voor maximum 5 academiejaren aan een Japanse universiteit. 16 tot 21 jaar.
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for Japanese Studies. Idem voor studenten Japanologie.
- Je kan als taalleerkracht via een uitwisselingsprogramma (JET) ook les gaan geven op een Japanse school.
Studeren in Japan

Vulcanus in Japan, A training programme for EU students
The programme consists of industrial placements for EU students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
•a one-week seminar on Japan,
•a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
•and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.

You must be:
•an EU citizen
•a student of engineering or science at an EU University, enrolled in at least the fourth year of studies, when applying to the Vulcanus programme*.
•able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme
* Computer science, science engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical, electronics, biotechnology, electrical engineering, physics, telecommunication, nuclear engineering, civil engineering, metal materials, ceramics, production system,…
Vulcanus in Japan

The Japan Student Services Organization offers information on its web site about study in Japan to those who go to study in Japan by their own expense and also answers questions and provides advice.
JASSO: http://www.jasso.go.jp/index_e.html

"Study in Japan" website is produced and operated by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is a site that provides comprehensive information regarding studying in Japan.
Study in Japan: http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/index.html

Please also refer to Exchange Programs for short-term study and/or exchange programs to Japan.