9) Recognition and Comparability of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (in brief):

Foreign students have direct acces to universities/high schools if:
- they have a Belgian diploma of secondary education
- or a diploma certified as equivalent to it on the basis of: a law, a decree, a European directive or an international convention
- or after individual analysis of their secondary diploma and if this provides access to similar education in their country of origin
Partial or total equivalence of foreign higher education diplomas, granted by the academic authority in question, may allow the normal cycle to be shortened.
Organisations in charge of this procedure: For Higher Education and universities: ENIC-NARIC: choose 'Belgium' and NARIC - Departement of Education: Higher Education diplomas , also
for the recognition of secondary and vocational qualifications.

EUROPASS: Opening doors to learning and working in Europe

What is Europass?
Whether you are planning to enrol in an education or training programme, looking for a job, or getting experience abroad, it is important to be able to make your skills and competences clearly understood.
Europass is a new way of helping people to:
- make their skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe (European Union, EFTA/EEA and candidate countries);
- move anywhere in Europe.
Europass consists of five documents:
- two documents (Europass curriculum vitae (CV) and Europass Language Passport) you can fill in yourself; and
- three other documents (Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Diploma Supplement and Europass Mobility) filled in and issued by competent organisations.
Europass is supported by a network of National Europass Centres.
For more info on EUROPASS in your own language visit: European EUROPASS portal