1) Resident permit in Belgium


In Belgium, the Communities are responsible for taking decisions on services for individuals, such as education. The Flemish Community is therefore responsible for education in the Dutch-speaking part of the country whilst the French Community is the competent authority for the French-speaking part of Belgium, and the German-speaking Community for education in German.

Entry requirements for Belgium

If you are a national from a non-European Union country, you may need a visa to enter Belgian territory. For questions regarding visa and related matters, you should contact the Belgian embassy or Belgian consulate in your country or a neighbouring country.
More information:

It is very important that you have the necessary financial resources before coming to Belgium -> it can be quite difficult to finance your studies by taking student jobs !

To open a bank account upon your arrival, you will need:
- your passport
- a local Belgain adress
See also: Visas in Belgium